Wednesday 29 July 2009

Lower your eyelids to die with the sun



An ex-pat Aussie living in Canada, John, emailed me after seeing a painting I did of a Wedge Tailed Eagle - Aquila Audax, on my blog asking if it was ok if he got it tattooed. For me, it is the HIGHEST honour, and I am very humble and grateful that he decided to display it permanently on his skin. Julie Card did the ink, check out more of her work here, and did a magnificent job. This is straight after the sitting, hence all the blood... But I am looking forward to another photo once it's healed. Wow, thank you John!

3 comments:

MsE said...

Wow - beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Now thats pretty fantastic!!!
Its one of my favs thats for sure...A great symbol of freedom & strength...
Keep paintin'

Dan said...

WOW! That is so cool!

Congratulations to you both!