Sunday 31 January 2010

And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin', chasin' down a hoodoo there


The subject matter might not be to everyone's taste but I was so impressed with this show by Sean Coggins at Access Gallery in Vancouver, and his use of the gallery space to accentuate his work. Coggins thesis is demonstrating the spirit of Black Metal, cunningly entitled 'I Dream Of Lars Ulrich Being Thrown Through The Bus Window Instead Of My Master Mystikall Klif Burton'. The pieces vary in media, yet combine seamlessly to create a whole new environment. The floor tiles and even the radiator seem to be appropriate, providing an ancient and geometrically modern juxtaposition. The opening's on Friday February 20 at 7pm, if you're in Vancouver, check it out. If you can't make it, you'll have to settle for the images on the 01 Blog. Do it.

No comments: