Monday 10 May 2010

Marching the hate machines into the sun

How we roll in The Shire: I love the names they give the 'older-style' apartment blocks around here and I'd like to create a series of paintings highlighting the typography. Dropped into Jackson Surfboards on Saturday to check out the longboard market, some classics in there, including a signed Robert August original! Lovely day for a ride on the 20"! Mad old Valiant at the Beach and the selection of Tamiya colors at the hobby shop in Miranda. Great weekend. Again...

4 comments:

vincent prat said...

I bet
surfing is still coming into this pretty blog...

# C'mon Adam, 6" or 9" ? hardcore or cool longboard?

schmadzie said...

ha! I bought a sweet 7 foot Jackson fish from Taren point 3 weeks ago. I have been to wanda a couple of times and it was awesome. Do it Adam.

Dan said...

Fantastic shots chief, feels like the beach! Thanks, needed the reminder of sunshine

DoubleOhTwo said...

For sure, looking at a second hand 9"6' from the local surf shop in Cronulla, hand shaped and only wet 3 times, a bargain at $500... The wetsuit will break me a bit, but I've already bought some Mr Zogs Sex Wax and a Mrs Palmers comb..! So sad, but can't wait!!!

Didn't know you surfed at all Schmadzie! Love some tips sometime!

Thanks guys!